wejo is committed to protecting your and your family's personal information.
· Any wejo website that links to this Policy (Websites);
· Social media or wejo content on other websites;
· Mobile device and TV applications (Apps);
It also relates to our use of any personal information we collect through other means, such as email, in person or other third-party sources.
wejo is a Data Controller and registered with the Information Commissioner's (ICO) Office. Our ICO registration is: wejo Limited - Registration Number ZA050025.
Our contact details are below under "How to contact us".
· wejo Limited
· wejo Inc
· wejo Services Inc
· wejo Data Services Inc
For information concerning wejo please visit www.wejo.com
The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands.
Information you provide to wejo
We may receive personal information about you, when you contact wejo for example by doing any of the following:
· Requesting or obtaining a quote
· Purchasing a wejo product from us or from one of our partners
· Using the Websites and Apps
· Entering wejo competitions
· Using live chat
· Creating an account on a wejo App
· Telephoning, texting, writing by post or email, or communicating via online channels, such as online chat, to wejo
This information may include:
· Basic personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or age, gender, marital status;
· Additional information about your lifestyle and insurance requirements, such as details of your car, your home, your household, or your travel arrangements;
· Your marketing preferences.
Your vehicles: we may collect vehicle registration details and data about your vehicles from you and from publicly available sources.
In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time share information about you with other organisations and public bodies.
Anti-fraud purposes. To detect and prevent fraudulent claims and/or activities (which is a legal obligation to which we are subject to).
We do this by:
· Sharing information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the police
· Tracing debtors or beneficiaries, recovering debt, managing your accounts and/or insurance policies
· Undertaking fraud searches. Insurers pass information to fraud prevention agencies and databases including the Claims Underwriting and Exchange Register and where appropriate the Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register by Insurance Database Services Limited (IDSL). This helps insurers check information and prevent fraudulent claims. When we deal with your request for insurance we may search these registers;
· Compliance with legal obligations and responsibilities;
· Claims management – In the event of a claim we may need to disclose information with any other party involved in that claim such as third parties involved in the incident, their insurer, solicitor or representative and medical teams, the police or other investigators. We also may have to investigate your claims and conviction history. This is required as part of the contract with you;
· Complaints management – If you make a complaint about the service we have provided, we may be obliged to forward details about your complaints, including your personal information, to the relevant ombudsman. This is also required as part of the contract with you.
Information collected from your use of our Websites or Apps.
We collect your data from third party websites from time to time. This information may be collected from websites which we collaborate with. These include: -
· online seminar and video conferencing technology providers like Zoom. Please note that these service providers will often collect your data subject to their own privacy policies which you should carefully review. We gain access to the personal data that you share via the platform and your use of the platform and we will use that data for contacting you for marketing purposes and for informing us about things you may be interested in. This information also will enhance our product and service offering. You may opt out at any time of this; and
· LinkedIn adverts via forms that you complete (and other third party website forms which disclose our details). Again, this will be subject to LinkedIn's own privacy policies which you should review. We will use the information that you share with us for the purposes of the campaign or marketing and you can opt out at any time.
Information we collect through Cookies and similar technologies
We collect information through "Cookies" and other similar technologies (e.g. pixel tags or links), to remember you when you visit the Websites and Apps so we can improve your online experience to suit your needs. These help us understand how you and others use our Websites and Apps, view our products and respond to our advertising, so we can tailor direct marketing and enhance our overall product and service offering. This also saves you from re-inputting information when you return to the Websites or Apps.
When you receive direct marketing from us via email, we may use technology e.g. pixel tags or links to determine your use of and interest in our direct marketing.
When you visit one of our Websites or Apps, we may record your device information including hardware and software used, general location, when and how you interact with our Websites and Apps and your registration and log-in activity when you use our online platforms. This information is retained and used to note your interest in our Websites and Apps, improve customer use experience, determine pricing and/or offer you available discounts.
We collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, App support and other services related to the App.
We may collect data specific to Apps you use such as:
· Motoring Apps: journey data including location data.
· Biometric data: to verify your identity.
· Find out more about specific wejo Apps here.
wejo take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
We use the Google Analytics service to do this. The cookies in use are described below.
__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmv, __utmz
These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to establish from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website.
A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
available for the Internet browser of your choice either online, or via the software help (normally available via key F1).
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Sometimes you may be able to sign-in to a wejo app or service via a third- party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third-party app, you will be presented with a dialog box the first time you do this, which will ask your permission to allow wejo to access your personal information (e.g. your email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible).
We and our third-party service providers may serve targeted advertisements through the use of first-party or third-party cookies, pixels and web beacons when you visit third party websites. We may also collect information about your use of other websites. We do this to provide you with advertising that we believe may be relevant for you as well as improve our own products and services, including the functionality and performance of our Websites and Apps. To learn more about opting out of certain types of targeted advertising, please see our Cookies Policy.
We may use and share information from or with online sources, such as websites, social media and information sharing platforms. This information may be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively, as we know many of our customers use a range of media channels.
Where we use or share information from or with these sources, we will respect any permissions you have set about how you would like your information to be used.
We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you on any social media platforms.
We may use information for:
research or statistical purposes (which we consider is in our legitimate interest), including to analyse how people use our Websites, view our products, respond to our advertising and to improve our understanding of what customers need.
We may use your information for training purposes, to improve our services and their delivery, for example by recording telephone calls.
How we use and share your information within wejo Limited
We may share and aggregate information about you from across wejo and its subsidiaries, including personal information held within wejo relating to quotes and other details depending on your preferences, we may use this information to:
We may, as a matter of law, and without requiring notice or consent, use your information for crime and fraud prevention, systems administration within wejo and to monitor and/or enforce wejo's compliance with any regulatory rules and codes.
How we share your information outside of wejo
If you request a quote, or purchase a product or service, your personal information may be shared with and processed by our associated companies, introducers, intermediaries, reinsurers and agents, including third parties providing services to them.
We may also share your personal information with third parties;
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
· Advertisers and advertising networks and other third parties that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site. Your personal information is generally shared in a form that does not directly identify you.
· We may also share your personal information with third parties:
o If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers.
o If required in order to obtain professional advice.
Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
· required by law;
· to protect the safety of our employees, the public or wejo property;
· required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process; or
· in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction; or
· for the prevention or detection of crime (including fraud).
We may share your information with regulatory bodies in the UK or if applicable, overseas to prevent and detect fraud.
For regulatory, reporting and financial reasons we may retain the personal data provided to us for up to six years. However, you can ask us to delete your personal data at any time, see 'Your Rights' below for details.
Data transfer outside of the UK and EEA
Your information may be transferred by any wejo company to any country, including countries outside of the UK and European Economic Area (EEA), for processing, storage, administration or any other use stated in this policy. The purposes and processing associated with any such transfer will comply with all applicable data protection regulations and with our obligation to adequately protect and secure your personal information. Where required under applicable laws we will take measures to ensure that personal information handled in other countries will receive at least the same level of protection as it is given in the UK or EEA (as applicable).
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us and we put in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
Managing your marketing preferences
· provide you with updates and offers for wejo's products and services via marketing tailored to you, whether on Apps, through online digital services (e.g. online advertising, social media communications), or by direct marketing (e.g. phone, e-mail, text, post); and
· use information we hold about you from across wejo to help us identify, tailor and package our products and services, determine pricing and offer discounts that may be of interest to you.
We will always ensure that we will only market to you when:-
· you have consented via an opt-in consent for direct marketing; or
· when you complete a registration with us, request an online quote, purchase a product or service online, provided such interaction makes it clear that you will be receiving marketing from us and that you can opt out at any time in the future.
You can change your marketing preferences at any other time by contacting us on the details given below in the 'Update your information or change your marketing preferences' section.
Update your information or change your marketing preferences
Please let us know if your information changes as it is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
You can ask us to update or correct your personal information or opt out / withdraw consent of wejo's use of your information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us using any of the following methods:
Your Rights - How to find out what information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you in a subject access request. To do this, simply write to us at the address below. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
Your Rights - How to request us to restrict or delete your information
You have the right to request that we stop processing (right to object, restrict us from using your data (but let us still keep it) and delete your personal information at any time. We make this as easy to do as possible. To do this, simply call us on any of our call centre or office telephone numbers. All our staff are training to respond appropriately to your request. Alternatively write to us at the address below (see How to Contact us) with your request. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before deleting your personal information.
Although we will make every effort to remove your data from our systems when instructed to do so it may still take up to 28 days for your data to be fully removed from all our systems.
For our call centre operations when instructed to delete your personal information we shall do so and retain your telephone number on our 'Do Not Call List'. We do this to ensure that you are never called from our call centres again, even if your data is provided to us from another source.
Your Rights - How to request your information to be corrected
Information accuracy is very important to us at wejo. If at any time you believe that we are holding inaccurate or incorrect information about you please do not hesitate to let us know and we will make the required changes as soon as possible.
To do this, simply call us on any of our call centre or office telephone numbers. All our staff are training to respond appropriately to your request. Alternatively write to us at the address below (see How to Contact us) with your request. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before updating your personal information.
Your Rights – Right of data portability
You may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, or you can ask us to send your information in this format to another controller.
Complaints or concerns in relation to the handling of your personal information
If you are dissatisfied in any way with the way your personal information has been managed by wejo you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Such a complaint can be made, or issues raised, by contacting the ICO as detailed below:
ICO Helpline: 0303 123 1113
There is also a friendly 'live chat' facility on the ICO web site where you can get advice and guidance on any aspect of the management of your personal information, including your rights and our obligations in relation to current legislation.
How to contact us
For all general enquiries regarding wejo Limited please call us via the numbers and addresses on our Website - www.wejo.com
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
By Telephone: 0800 234 3065
By email: email@example.com
By post: Wejo Limited, ABC Building, 21-23 Quay Street, Manchester, M3 4AE.
Wejo Limited, Registered office, Wejo Limited, ABC Building, 21-23 Quay Street, Manchester, M3 4AE. Registered No. 08813730.
© Copyright wejo Limited 2018-2021