How Connected Car Data can optimize road work
To keep our roads safe and traffic running smoothly, it is crucial to have a schedule of upgrades, repairs, and reconfigurations. But how does that road work really impact traffic volume, speed and the surrounding road network? And how can you use big data to measure the effectiveness of the project once completed?
This eBook explores the impacts of lane closures on traffic during and after completion on a section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike - a 360-mile toll road that runs through the state of Pennsylvania, which had an ongoing road work.
In this guide we cover:
- Daily journey trend comparisons
- The reduction rate of journey volumes: State vs Road
- The rate of post-roadwork traffic volume recovery
- Time-of-day trends
- Average speed of traffic before, during and after work
- Impact on the surrounding road network