Based in San Jose, this role will lead the development of an international React software development team and to introduce new products for the customers of wejo.
The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the Internet of Things. A new generation of vehicles are coming off the production line that are more like computers and are by default connected. Connected cars open a world of opportunity to transform the driving experience, save lives and build customer loyalty. By blending simple, secure and trusted access to connected car data with voice-based driver services, wejo solutions carve out new, recurring revenue streams today and in the future.
Using wejo ADEPT, the ground-breaking automotive data exchange, we provide a compliant, trusted and secure trading platform for connected car data. We safely share and integrate sensor data to solve business challenges, launch disruptive new business models and accelerate connected car strategies.
This role will lead the development of an international React software development team and to introduce new products for the customers of wejo. The position reports directly to the wejo-US CTO with full product creation and release responsibility for this exciting new wejo product.
- Manage a team of Front End / UI Developers that will support the success of wejo customers in utilizing our revolutionary data marketplace and data distribution systems
- Deploy innovative responsive web and mobile applications for us, our clients, our partners and key stakeholders
- Lead the front-end development for our wejo product application for our data overview and monitoring tool.
- Use your knowledge of server-side technology to architect applications and partner with our internal data engineer teams to produce a quality product
Required skills & experience
- Strong experience managing and leading a team of UI and API developers in an AWS Linux environment
- Success in using Agile development processes and tools, including Git and Jira in a Linux and AWS environment
- Experience in full product cycle management including code reviews, merging, QA, and frequent production releases
- Knowledge managing teams to ensure responsive design across all of the common mobile platforms
- MS Degree in CS or Computer Engineering or related experience